Celebrating The Moon Festival, Fongo Embraces The Chinese-Canadian Community By Offering Free Mobile Calling And Messaging In Chinese
Flying home to meet loved ones during the festival can be expensive, but keeping in touch with them shouldn't be. Calls to Mainland China, Hong Kong and the US for $0.02 per minute. Free to most of Canada including Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Montreal and many other locations.
CAMBRIDGE, ONTARIO, September 28, 2012 - Fongo Inc., Canada's fastest growing mobile telecommunication company, announced today a new Chinese-Canadian version of its popular free mobile calling and messaging application, Dell Voice. Dell Voice is available for download on the Fongo website, the Apple App Store, Google Play and BlackBerry App World.
"Since the launch of Dell Voice in early 2012, we have experienced a tremendous response from the Chinese-Canadian community which now represents over 15% of our customers," said Dave Bullock, president of Fongo. "We're launching this new version of Dell Voice in simplified Chinese / Mandarin with low per minute rates to mainland China and Hong Kong to thank the Chinese-Canadian community for their support of Fongo."
The Dell Voice free calling and messaging app is available for iPhone / iPod touch and Android in both Simplified Chinese/Mandarin and English and includes:
- • A free local Canadian phone number so anyone to call you back, even if they don't use Dell Voice.
- • Free Dell Voice to Dell Voice calls, no matter where you're calling from.*
- • Support for 911 emergency calls, providing you with an additional option for reaching out in case of emergency.
- • Free incoming calls from anywhere in the world.
- • Free unlimited outgoing calls to most of Canada including Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and many other locations, covering over 85% of the Canadian population!
- • Free Unlimited Fongo Messaging so you can message any of your Fongo friends.
- • Unlimited Text Messaging (SMS) to Canada for $1.99/month or to Canada & the US for $2.99/month so you can message your friends, even if they don't use Dell Voice.
- • Free premium features such as Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting and Call Forwarding so you can stop paying your mobile carrier for these expensive add-on features.
- • The most competitive pay-as-you-go rates for worldwide calls, with calls to mainland China, Hong Kong and many other locations for $0.02/minute, so you can call your loved ones without worrying about how much it's costing you.
Dell Voice has been downloaded by over 200,000 Canadians and has saved Fongo customers millions of expensive carrier voice minutes.
BlackBerry and Windows PC versions of Dell Voice are also available.
*It's free to call and message with Dell Voice but if users are not on WiFi they will still need a 3G/4G data plan and international roaming costs may apply. When travelling outside of Canada, users should call from a WiFi hotspot for truly free calls back to most of Canada.
go back to News